Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Laying out... but not by the sun

I have almost completed my cover page, it needs just a few finishing touches. I added all my content on to the cover page, my photo, and finalized font and colors. 
Today and yesterday I have been working with my table of contents and two page spread. My table of contents has a layout, title, and photo but I still need to add actual content onto the page. The page will include my two page spread which is the "always included". My table of contents will also include "latest trends", and "bakin' it" section.  Latest trends are baking and food trends that are popular, fun, and easy to do! The bakin' it section will be articles and interviews of bakers in different parts of the country or will feature a certain pastry or baked item that is interesting and has background to it. My table of contents layout can be seen in my previous blogs to refer back to it. 
My two page spread has begun it's layout process, but it has been quite challenging. The two page spread is going to be the "always included" D.I.Y. snack of the month. As I began to design it without any example to refer to, I came up with a  pretty cool design. Here it is below:
Colors are not final and will change according to season/month of the issue. For instance, my partner who will be completing a July/summer edition may use blues and yellows to represent summer or red, white, and blue to represent the Fourth of July. Because my edition is April/Spring, I will be using pastel colors, such as the ones in the photo above. The other page of my two page spread will be an entire photo of the final product. One side of the two page spread are directions and materials and the other side is the final product/what it should look like. I've seen this in this specific baking magazine below and I find it appealing to the eye.
This is not exactly how I would like my two page spread layout to look like, I would like a full picture on the right page and the instructions on the left with a white background. I like the idea of having one whole page to show the final result because it catches the consumers eye, shows an example of how it should come out, and is very aesthetically beautiful. By tomorrow, the two page spread will be done as will the table of contents. After that, the advertisement will be out into motion!

Until next time, Lysh



No comments:

Post a Comment