Sunday, April 2, 2017

Things Are Starting To Really Come Together

As days pass by, the dead line is coming closer and closer! This week I stepped up my game and got  a lot of important things done. My partner and I have taken our photos, agreed on colors, font, layout, and have started putting our imagination to the test. After meeting up 5 times over the course of this past week, we have taken over 1,000 photos, created multiple dishes, and really made some final decisions.

Photography
My partner and I went to Public and purchased multiple necessities for our photoshoot. We purchased items such as sprinkles, icing, floral decoration, easter confetti, and the ingredients for our two page spread always included "D.I.Y. snack of the month". 
To take photos, We used natural light, a bright lamp,, and a white sheet. Some photos were also taken outside. Here is what our set up looked like:
My partner and I decided to use just our iPhones to take photos because we did not have access to a professional camera, although, iPhones had very nice quality. 
The first photoshoot consisted of my cover page. My cover page was for an April edition, so I incorporated spring and easter into the cover! I have yellow confetti as my background and homemade cupcakes placed in a triangle shape surrounded by marshmallow chicks and decorative flowers. Here's what the photo looks like
The second series of photos was the process of my D.I.Y treat, which was fruity pebble marshmallow treat in the shape of flowers, decorated with icing in spirit of spring! I took photos of each instruction and step of the way so I can incorporate into my "how to make it" two page spread.
The third photo shoot was for my table of contents. Originally, my photos where quite sloppy so I had to take them over the course of two days. Here is the before and after photos to show my improvement:

As you can clearly see, the second photo is much cleaner, a nicer image, and has better lighting. I also decided to include flowers in my table on contents because it will be a spring edition. I imagine "Table Of Contents" written on the rolling pin and then the actual magazine content written on the right bottom corner.
Some other final decisions my partner and I decided to make was to get rid of the border. Although my original idea was to have the cover be very shape-ish, clean, and with a border, we have decided it looks much better and more professional without it. Our coverage will still be aesthetically pleasing and will involve some pink lettering because we have found that many baking magazines incorporate pink into their magazines.
Over the course of this week, I'm hoping to design my two page spread layout, add graphics, complete my table of contents, and create an advertisement to place next to my table of contents.

Until next time, Lysh




No comments:

Post a Comment