Friday, March 24, 2017

Bad News

My partner and I began to layout out magazine today in Pages and played around with colors, fonts and shapes. We had realized that "BITEZ", our title,  looks as if it pronounces "bite-ez". Also, our pastel pink doesn't quite fit the genre of food, pink is more of a beauty or fashion genre magazine. So basically, there is going to need to be some changes. 

Word play

For our title to make sense, my partner and I either need to change the title or play around with the word "Bitez". We tried making the 'z' lowercase, and it not a horrible option but we are still working on it.  Another option could be changing the title to "Chomp" or "Munch", which is similar to "bite".
Wordplay is pertaining to a word that tends to be the main subject and is a literary term that uses wit to pull attention to the main subject.

Colors

Pastel pink will sadly not be able to be used in our magazine. After reviewing, my partner and I realized that pink appeals more to the target audience rather than our magazine content, which is food. I did some research that explained colors, their meaning, and how to use them. Yellow is exciting and cheerful. Yellow also be sued in designs concerning children and although children can pertain to women, there is a possibility that yellow could be a good color. Green is calming, balancing, and rejuvenating. Green can be used to represent stability and affluence. Green may be a possibility, but I still think yellow is the best bet. Orange is vibrant and inviting. It is usually used to depict movement and energy but subtly, although, our magazine isn't quite trying to give that impression. I think a pastel bright yellow would be a great color to use, and many other food magazines use yellow as well. However,  red expresses passion and power. I think using red or pink slightly can be put to good use as well.

 
Until next time, Lysh

No comments:

Post a Comment