Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Decisions, decisions...

Hello and welcome back! 
Yesterday I had the opportunity to meet in groups of other students also working on their portfolio project, so I got some great feedback. In overview, I was put in a group mixed with students who were creating a magazine (like me) and those creating a film opening, so I got multiple perspectives! After presenting to my group, they agreed that they like pastel pink as my border and title name, they like my "aesthetically pleasing" theme, and they also like my "bite" trademark. Most of them really liked the idea of challenging the genre by using an unordinary style because food magazines are usually cluttered and have many bright, neon colors and I am choosing to go another route by using bold fonts, shapes, graphics, and limited words on the cover. Although, one student mentioned that my magazine is focused more towards small snacks and baking and that "Bitez", my title, also moved him to think that way. I'm not very sure if I should still refer to my magazine as a food magazine or a baking magazine, or if there is even a difference! So I did some research to find out.

This website helped me understand that food magazines and baking/cooking magazines are, in fact, different. Cooking/baking magazines lean towards actually creating dishes and preparing food whereas for magazines are just about food in general, such as restaurants with good food or a food of the month. While my magazine can still fit under the "food" category, it will be more of a baking magazine.

Thus being that my magazine will promote baking, I think the table of contents (referenced in my previous posts) I would like to imitate would be the letters cut out of dough spelling "table of contents". I think it is very artistic and clearly exemplifies baking. I also think my title "Bitez" fits into the category of baking, such as baking a bite size snack! And below is the shade of pink I was thinking of using. I think this color will still be able to be used in the style I want it too while still catching the eye without the use of neon and bright colors. 

Until next time, Lysh


No comments:

Post a Comment