Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Beginning

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! Throughout my blog, you will understand my thought process, planning, organization, how my project will come to be, and of course the final product. 
I will be creating a magazine, the only issue is that I'm not quite sure what kind of magazine.
I want my magazine to be based on a topic that I enjoy and am am interested in. Some of types of magazines I enjoy include food magazines, teen magazines, world news magazines, and travel magazines.

Food magazines
Appeal to women
Food magazines make me drool. I absolutely love cooking and food photography (and photography in general). I also love going to trendy restaurants. I think doing a food magazine can challenge my skills as a media student as well, apparently taking pictures of food is very tough to achieve.

 Travel magazine
Appeal to men and women
Travel magazines are extremely aesthetically pleasing and I am obsessed with traveling. It is my dream to travel the world one day. Although I find much interest in traveling, a magazine issue due on such short notice might be a little tricky, considering I only have 6 weeks to finish and not enough time to take pictures of my travels. A travel magazine might just be a little complicated.

 Teen magazine
Appeal to women
Teen magazines appeal to me, as I am a teen woman! Teen magazines always update me on the hottest trends, what songs to listen to, who wore what on the red carpet, or what celebrity did this. Teen magazines are also very cluttered and neon, that is SO not me. I enjoy more clean covers with beautiful cover photos. A teen magazine may just not be the right fit for me.

 World News magazine
Appeal to men and women
I am always up to date with world news and TIME magazine is definitely a favorite of mine. I had an idea of creating a TIME, but for a younger audience. I think that if the magazine explained what what going on in the world but in a way for younger people to understand, then more people would take the time to read it and become more knowledgeable. Although that may be a great idea in my mind, in reality I don't have time to interview people I would like to or get the information I want/need to publish in my magazine.

After this brainstorming, I have come to the conclusion that I love food. I also love food magazines! Because food magazines are aesthetically pleasing to my eye, I enjoy cooking, and love food, I will be researching food magazines and begin my planning process!

Until next time,  Lysh


No comments:

Post a Comment