Saturday, March 11, 2017

Let's Get This Show On The Road

Hello again! It's time to begin my process.
So, to start off, magazine research isn't all that simple. I've been doing some extensive research and this is what i've initially come up with.

I began to research with what I need to know about creating a magazine, so I found an article to help me understand. From this article, I understand that people love magazines because they are visually appealing, personal, and address subjects of an individual's interest. According to the article, research institute MRI reports 84% of adults read magazines. So basically, my food magazine needs to be interesting, visually appealing, and relatable to my audiences interest. 

Audience 
The target audience for my food magazine is middle age women. Women, sadly, are still put into the gender role category as the housewife. Meaning the one who cooks, cleans, and gets groceries. 


According to this article, women are still doing most of the housework. Although I wish it were different, it's how things are and my magazine needs to attract women. I think I can give my magazine a twist by trying to appeal to a younger women audience, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Title and Cover
I would like my title to be bold and elegant, but still fun and clean. Here are some examples of what I picture in my mind. I want my magazine to attract my audience by being aesthetically pleasing.



I've gained some better knowledge on how I would like to tackle this project, thanks for reading!

Until next time, Lysh




No comments:

Post a Comment