Sunday, March 12, 2017

Picture Perfect, Literally

Hey everyone! Before I begin to create my magazine, more research is needed! 
Below are some popular food magazines:


 

I've noticed a trend on each food magazine that the title is a bold and clean font, has bright colors, and the cover image is always of food (of course). There are also many graphics and large numbers to attract readers. 
Photography is very important, especially with food, according to this source. Food photography is extremely challenging because of its demand to capture the true essence of the food. Most food cover images should be mouthwatering, the cover image is more important that any graphics or cover lines.

I found a source to help me really understand how much work goes into food photography. I've learned that 

  1. Lighting is crucial, natural sunlight works best
  2. Setting and props should compliment the subject, don't clutter the photo
  3. Take pictures quickly, food doesn't always look appetizing after a while
  4. Style it 
  5. Enhance it
  6. Shoot down and close to the dish rather than above]
  7. focus on the macro
  8. steam!

Here are some examples of food photography













As for my title of my magazine, I am still deciding between a few
- Enticing Bites
- Scrumptious eats
- Bitez
- Zesty Bites
But that's for another time.

Until next time, Lysh









No comments:

Post a Comment