Friday, March 17, 2017

Picture This

Hello and Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

2 weeks down, 3 more to go.

The planning and research portion of my portfolio project has been coming along very well. Today I have sketched out my cover page of Bitez magazine. I took some inspiration from canva.com and have decided that I want my food magazine to be very similar to Time magazine, such that it has a border, a bold cover image, and few words. I would also like my cover page (and entire magazine) to be very artistic and aesthetically pleasing.  

So... picture this as my Cover page

As you can see in the image above, there (will be) few words and will have incorporated a bite mark as my magazine's trademark. On each issue of this magazine there will be a "bite mark" on the right bottom corner; the trademark will draw in readers and will make my magazine very easily visible. 
I would like every issue of this magazine to have the same bite mark, boarder, masthead, and sell line but the shape of the cover image boarder to vary, depending on the cover image. For instance, if the cover image were a circular plate of pasta, I would like for the boarder to be circular rather than the box type boarder shown in the image above.

Table of Contents

Here are some interesting layouts and images for inspiration of my table of contents:

 

I personally adore the first image. I think the cutout of the dough is very creative and artistic, very appealing. I also really love how clean the page looks while also being messy (the messy flour). The actual word content is laid out to the right and below the title, which I also think is very cool.
In the second image, I find the layout and lettering to be very elegant and beautiful. Although the layout and image is very beautiful and visually appealing, the style of my magazine doesn't really match with this layout.
The third image  is very quirky and has many graphics. I think this layout and style could work very well with my magazine theme because I am striving for a magazine that incorporates shapes and graphics. I would like to change the font if I were to use this layout although.
I'm not quite decided on which layout I would like to use, I'll have to think about it and get back to you on that one!

Until next time, Lysh

No comments:

Post a Comment