Monday, March 20, 2017

Let's Get Down To Business

The deadline seems to be creeping up around the corner, so I think it's time to seriously get down to business. Today I decided to research different softwares and sites to use to make my magazine dream come true! I previously knew of Joomag, Pages, and Canvas, but I want to explore more to find the absolute best way to make my magazine the real deal.

The first software I came across was a free publishing software called Scribus. After downloading it to computer I took a look at it and found it, I found that my computer did not let me download this software to be able to use, so I explored a little more.

The next software I found was called Lucid Press. Lucie Press is a very easy, and free software to use but only allows a three page document. This could cause some trouble because my magazine requires more than just three pages. Lucie Press is also very easy to use, different print options are all available on the home page and there are already designs ready to use. I really like that there are already pre-made designs but there is still the option to create your own designs as well. An issue I have with this website is that you cannot upload photos from you desktop or downloads. 

Another software I've explored is Adobe Illustrator. The first thing on the home page is a link for beginners and experienced, which was very interesting because for beginners, like me, it makes this a very easy process. Adobe does cost money although so that may not be an option.

I do know that pages is very good as canvas is as well. Joomag costs money, which makes this option unavailable to me. Tomorrow my partner and I will discuss softwares and get back to you guys on our final decision! 

Until next time, Lysh

No comments:

Post a Comment